Enterprise Resource Planning, known as ERP, should be the main pillar of any modern business.
If you are a Small Medium Business manufacturing unit producing the products you sell, you need more than just an accounting software! – Our business strategist Emily Bronte says so…
Have you felt during managing business processes as though you were spinning plates while riding a unicycle especially when you are hopping between departments just to keep everything in your business on track?
Many effective industries use more than just accounting software to manage their everyday business processes. Like most of them use ERP software for optimum results!
So, we have put together a beginner’s read on why you must invest in an ERP. Savor your favorite cup of beverage while we take you through a 6-minute must-read blog!
Smaller manufacturers are content running their business on a modest accounting system while managing the operations side of their business with some combination of spreadsheets and manual tracking processes.
The feeling is “We’re too small for an ERP system.”
This could not be further from the truth. There are systems designed specifically for the smaller company that can help you do so much more with your business.
Why should a smaller company invest in manufacturing software for small businesses? An ERP system can help manage accounting processes as well as manufacturing operations.
Here are a few simple reasons:
- 1. Accounting & Financial Management: Speed up transactions and improve visibility into cash flow, by integrating your financial operation in real-time with other business processes, such as purchase and sales.
- 2. Sales & Opportunity Management: Get the tools to help you efficiently manage the entire sales process and customer lifecycle – from initial contact to final sale. Increase sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- 3. Inventory and Warehouse Management: Get the tools to help you efficiently manage the entire sales process and customer lifecycle – from initial contact to final sale. Increase sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- 4. Quality Control: Enhance customer satisfaction, deliver superior products, take swift actions for non-conformance, identify and resolve issues, in no time.
- 5. Production Management: Automate production processes and eliminate complexities to maximize business productivity and meet demands on time.
- 6. Supply Chain Management: Accelerate product introductions and maintain agile shop floor execution to deliver intelligent order fulfillment.
- 7. Purchasing & Procurement: A systematic approach to managing the procurement process, the complete order-to-pay cycle. Compare suppliers and prices to negotiate better deals and identify opportunities for cost-saving.
- 8. Services Management: Respond quickly and efficiently to customer queries and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Effectively manage warranty and service contracts with customers for your successful growth.
- 9. Customer Management: Turn prospects into customers, grow sales, and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, for marketing effectiveness and to enrich customer service interactions.
Best ERP for Discrete Manufacturing
Discrete ERP software succeeds most operational and back-office activities of manufacturing companies that produce distinct or individually separated products. Discrete ERP systems are used to plan, manage, and track production activities as well as other related processes such as inventory management, sales, purchasing, or accounting.
By using discrete ERP software, manufacturers can identify few thins like
- what needs to be produced based on demand,
- what raw materials are required for production, and
- how to create and implement production plans.
- It help manufacturers monitor the quality of the products and deliver them to customers.
Due to its broad scope, discrete ERP software can be used by all departments of a manufacturing company, but it is critical for the production control team. For optimal results, discrete ERP solutions should be used by accountants to manage financial transactions, by purchasing managers for fulfillment, or by warehouse managers to manage the inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
Discrete ERP software can be delivered as a standalone solution or as a package combining multiple solutions. Many companies also provide a core package and additional modules that can be bought separately. This type of software needs to integrate with other enterprise software such as CRM all-in-one software, supply chain suites, PLM software, and HR management suites.
Made specifically with consumer goods manufacturers, importers, and distributors in mind, Apprise offers a fully integrated system with out-of-the-box features and a wide range of the most popular ERP modules. This comprehensive solution provides functionality including retailer compliance, electronic data interchange, forecasting, importing, logistics, warehouse management, demand planning, financials, manufacturing, import management, transportation, business intelligence, and mobile sales – everything you need to improve efficiency and acquire real-time business insights for a manufacturer.
Apprise is designed to improve processes at every step of the manufacturing process from production to delivery by streamlining operations and reducing costs. Apprise is mobile compatible, which allows remote access to the software through a mobile-optimized site or through the Android or iOS applications.